The National Research, Development and Innovation Policy of the Czech Republic
The government of the Czech Republic ratified the National priorities of oriented research, experimental development and innovations with its resolution of 19 July 2012 No. 552. R&D priorities are valid for the period up to 2030. There are 6 defined priority areas and 24 subareas with a total of 170 specific objectives.
The material contains a description of each of the priority area, the linkage between the different areas and also defines several system measures.
On 8 June 2009 “The National Research, Development and Innovation Policy of the Czech Republic in 2009 – 2015” was approved by the Government Resolution No. 729. This policy supersedes the National Research and Development Policy in 2004-2008.
The National Research, Development and Innovation Policy of the Czech Republic 2009 – 2015 (NRDIP) is a strategic document - one of the basic tools for implementation of the Reform of the research, development and innovation system, which was approved by the Government Resolution No. 287 of 26 March 2008.
There were used also following studies during the preparation of the NRDIP:
- Green Paper on Research, Development and Innovation in the Czech Republic
- White Paper on Research, Development and Innovation in the Czech Republic
- The Book of Foreign Good Practice in the Implementation of Research, Development and Innovation Policies
The National Policy also reflects the mandatory and referral documents of the European Union authorities. Attention is paid to the operational programs partly funded by EU structural funds, as they significantly affect the R&D&I basis in the Czech Republic and its development.
NRDIP includes six parts, covering continuous areas:
- Background to the NRDIP
- Main principles of the NRDIP
- NRDIP objectives and activities
- Main principles of the NRDIP after 2015
- Demands and ramifications
- Priorities of applied research, development and innovation in the Czech Republic in 2009-2011
Background to the NRDIP - provides the basic policy objectives and describes the various steps of the procedure
Main principles of the NRDIP - the aim of NRDIP is to create a framework for the implementation of RDI-related measures stimulating the development of the knowledge society, which will further increase the competitiveness of the Czech economy and improve the quality of life in the Czech Republic.
More information >>>
National innovation policy 2005-2010
Principal legal rules and regulations and documents on research nad development in the Czech Republic:
- ACT No. 130/2002 Coll. on the Support of Research and Development from Public Funds and on the Amendment to Some Related Acts (the Act on the Support of Research and Development) - complete amendment announced as Act. no 211/2009 Coll.
- GOVERNMENT REGULATION No. 397/2009 Coll. on an information system for research, experimental development and innovation.
- ACT. No. 341/2005 Coll. on public research institutions
- ACT. No. 342/2005 Coll. on amendment to some acts in connection with adoption of the act on public resarch insttitutions.